Terms and Conditions
In order to benefit from our website please ensure that you carefully read the following terms and conditions which will be governing the legal relationship between you and CashForYourGold.co.uk.
- CashForYourGold.co.uk is owned and operated by Group International Ltd, with the registered office at:
410 Stafford Rd
- You/Your/User/Customer means a person using CashForYourGold.co.uk website.
2. Intellectual Property
You declare that you understand that all the information, designs, text, graphics, code, software and any other materials contained in this website, as well as arrangement thereof are copyrighted to CashForYourGold.co.uk and are protected by copyright law. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.
Permission is granted to you to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this website for the sole purposes of personal non-commercial use under the condition that you agree not to change, delete and/or modify any content, web design and/or layout contained in that material.
3. Requirements for Use
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to conduct a transaction with CashForYourGold.co.uk.
- You must be the actual owner of the property you intend to sell and if demanded you shall be able to prove the right of ownership of the property by providing a purchase receipt.
- You must act on your own behalf.
- You must be domiciled in the United Kingdom.
4. The Metal Calculators
The Calculator features are for the user's convenience and shall only be treated as displaying an approximate price of the metal, providing that the information given is accurate (based upon current market metal value on the day of use, and not necessarily the price of metal on the day we receive your goods). The Metal Calculator's generated price shall not be treated, therefore, as a binding offer which the user accepts by sending the goods.
5. Delivery, Receipt and Return of your Goods
On receipt of your scrap precious metals package, CashForYourGold.co.uk will confirm receipt via signature on The Royal Mail Tracking System.
CashForYourGold.co.uk accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of goods whilst in transit to us. Customers must ensure all packages are well wrapped and all address labels clearly visible. Our recommended delivery service is Royal Mail Insured Special Delivery which provides tracking data and will not deliver your parcel elsewhere during times when our office is closed. Alternative delivery providers may deliver your parcel to nearby premises and therefore we do not recommend their use.
CashForYourGold.co.uk reserves the right, at its sole discretion to reject delivery of any mail, envelope or package which appears to be damaged, opened or tampered with and any such mail, envelope or package will be returned by the carrier to the customer. This process will allow the customer to make a claim against Royal Mail for any loss.
CashForYourGold.co.uk shall have no liability to any customer for any such attempted delivery or return of any such items.
CashForYourGold.co.uk reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to apply a charge for postage and packaging of items returned to the user, particularly the return of items found not to be made of gold. If a non-gold item is found in a consignment, we reserve the right to deduct the cost of the return of the invalid item from the purchase price of the remainder of the consignment.
Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium products bought by CashForYourGold.co.uk are melted down at the close of business on the day that they are purchased. Therefore, once a precious metal product has been sold to CashForYourGold.co.uk, it is not physically possible to reverse a transaction.
6. Mixed Carat Consignments
CashForYourGold.co.uk is happy to receive packages of assorted Carat or purity precious metals. Your items will be sorted, tested and accurately weighed and the resulting breakdown of values per Carat type or purity will be given to you when we call or e-mail you to make an offer to purchase.
7a. Gold Plated and Non-Gold Items
Please note that whilst we are prepared to purchase gold which is not hallmarked, we reserve the right to make a reasonable charge for time spent testing items which are found to be Gold Plated or not to contain precious metals. (Max £10)
7b. Cadmium in Jewellery
Cadmium is a heavy metal which has been linked with medical problems including kidney dysfunction and osteoarthritis. Recent global legislation has almost removed this metal from modern jewellery production but, unfortunately, Cadmium has been used for over a century in jewellery manufacture to add weight to jewellery and to provide a shiny finish to items. Due to strict modern limits regarding exposure to Cadmium, we are unable to process items, which may include older jewellery pieces, that have a Cadmium content in excess of 1%.
8. Gemstones in your Consignment
CashForYourGold.co.uk do not buy gemstones. Any gemstones within items received will not be returned as removal of such stones is time consuming and in most cases the labour charges generated would far outweigh the small profit margin that we may have in the item. We recommend that, if a stone is of sentimental value, you remove it before sending the item to us.
9. Our Offer to Purchase
Once your items have been tested and valued CashForYourGold.co.uk will contact you either by telephone or e-mail to make our offer to purchase your precious metal. This offer is based upon the market price of metal on the day on which CashForYourGold.co.uk receives the goods and is subject to the expertise of our valuation department. CashForYourGold.co.uk guarantees the offer agreed with the user for 24 hours thereafter, regardless of any metal market price fluctuations.
If our offer is not accepted within 24 hours, then CashForYourGold.co.uk reserves the right to re-evaluate the offer based on any fluctuations in world metal prices.
If you choose to refuse our offer to purchase, CashForYourGold.co.uk will return your consignment to you by Royal Mail Special Delivery. In such circumstances CashForYourGold.co.uk reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to charge the user £10 per package for postage, packing and insurance of the returned consignment. Post Office terms and conditions may require us to divide a high value consignment (over £2,500) or a heavy consignment (over 500gms) between multiple packages and in such a case we will charge £10 per package required. This is to ensure that the consignment will be traceable, fully insured and will require a signature on delivery.
10. Our Payment to You
Once you have accepted our offer to purchase, payment can be made in one of four ways:
- FPS direct bank transfer. This service is charged at £5 per transfer to clients holding compatible bank accounts and is our preferred payment method, the fee being deducted from the valuation figure.
- CHEQUE PAYMENTS will be charged at £10 per transaction to offset our bank charges and admin/postal costs when using this method of payment, the fee being deducted from the valuation figure.
- CASH PAYMENTS will be charged at a Minimum of £10 plus Postage. Please see the table for a breakdown of the charges.
The Customer agrees that, in the event of obvious error resulting in an overpayment, the Customer will repay the sum equivalent to the overpayment to cashforyourgold.co.uk within 48hrs of receiving communication from cashforyourgold.co.uk requesting repayment.
11. Service Interruptions
CashForYourGold.co.uk will endeavour to the best of its ability to limit any interruptions to the provision of the service, but will not be obliged to refund monies in respect of temporary access limitations whether they are the fault of CashForYourGold.co.uk's service provider or the fault of CashForYourGold.co.uk itself. CashForYourGold.co.uk reserves the right to suspend, restrict or terminate the service at any time for any duration of time with no liability. The user accepts that it might be necessary for CashForYourGold.co.uk to suspend the service for technical reasons.
It is our policy to obtain permission to link to other websites. CashForYourGold.co.uk is not responsible for the content or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be seen as endorsement of any kind and is made for the user's convenience only. We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
13. Virus Protection
CashForYourGold.co.uk makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for 'Users' to run an anti-virus programme on all material downloaded from the web.CashForYourGold.co.uk will not accept any liability for any loss, disruption or damage of any kind to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material from this website.
14. Customer Complaints
We endeavour to respond to all complaints within five working days. Any users wishing to complain about any of our services may do so by contacting us via the details shown on this page.
15. Data Protection
Your personal information and payment details will be protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
CashForYourGold.co.uk will only use information provided for the purposes of Administration, Customer Services, Internal Marketing and stringently tested partners. We may want to contact you about a range of discounts and special offers on other products and services from CashForYourGold.co.uk and our partners. We may also want to contact you by text or by multimedia messaging service (MMS). We will not share your information with any other third party. We may keep information provided by you the 'User' or cardholder to contact you with notification of other services or offers. When the 'User' supplies information regarding another person they do so with the express understanding that the other person has granted permission to do so, and they have granted authorisation to act in this manner. CashForYourGold.co.uk will not be held responsible for any breach of this understanding.
Our postal address is:
Group International (CFYG)
410 Stafford Rd
Data Protection Licence no: Z1641079
You have the right to request a copy of any information held by us, there is an administration fee of £10 for this procedure. This must be requested in writing to the address above, signed by you. You may request us to correct any inaccuracies in the information held on you. Such a request must be in writing, signed and sent to the address above.
The Data Protection Act does not generally apply to companies but it does cover sole traders and partnerships. When we receive an application for a 'Service' from a business we may perform a search with a credit reference agency on the individual company directors or partners..
The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and lays down principles for its use. One principle states that information has to be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that you are entitled to know how we intend to use any information you provide.
You can then decide whether you want to give it to us. To provide outstanding customer service we need accurate customer information. You can help by informing us whenever your circumstances change. Organisations must lodge a notification with the Information Commissioner describing the purposes for which they process personal information. The details are publicly available from the Commissioner's office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (Tel 01625 545745. Fax 01625 524510). Alternatively, see the Commissioner's web site.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you are consenting to the use of your data as specified above and for these purposes only.
16. Limitation of Liability
This limitation of liability shall be binding on each and every customer and any third party, including, but not limited to, the customer and the customer's successors, assigns, insurance carriers and any other individual or entity asserting any right or claim relating to customer's transaction with CashForYourGold.co.uk.
No liability will be accepted for loss or damage resulting from the use of services offered by CashForYourGold.co.uk, and in no event shall CashForYourGold.co.uk be liable to any third party, including any insurance carrier. CashForYourGold.co.uk shall not be liable for any subrogation claim brought by customer's insurance carrier and, by submitting an item to CashForYourGold.co.uk, the customer expressly and specifically waives any such subrogation claim on his or her behalf as well as on the behalf of his or her insurance carrier.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law CashForYourGold.co.uk shall not be liable to anyone for any damages, including but not limited to, incidental, consequential, punitive, loss of profit or opportunity.
CashForYourGold.co.uk makes no representations, statements and warranties of any kind that the services provided by us will meet your expectations.
By submitting the item, the customer explicitly and expressly accepts this limitation of liability as well as the remainder of the terms and conditions.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our affiliated companies, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents or suppliers harmless from any and all claims or demands, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the services, the violation of these terms and conditions by you, or the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any other person or entity.
- By using the service and therefore accepting the terms and conditions stated above you agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales and that any potential dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- CashForYourGold.co.uk reserves all rights to update these terms and conditions from time to time without notice provided. It is entirely your responsibility to check before using CashForYourGold.co.uk whether such updates occurred.
- In the event that any of the terms and conditions stated herein is considered to be invalid by a court, this shall not affect the remainder part of these terms and conditions.
19. Complaints and disputes
- Our aim is 100% customer satisfaction with our service and products. Occasionally we may fall short of that goal but will always strive to rectify any problem that arises.
- If you are not completely satisfied with every aspect of your dealings with us then please tell us. Complete the Contact Us Form in as much detail as possible regarding the issues or problems that you have experienced. Put ‘Complaint’ in the Subject box. We will respond within 1 working day to acknowledge your complaint and to give you the name of the staff member handling the complaint.
- We aim to resolve all complaints within 5 working days of receipt. If we are unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within 5 working days, then the complaint will be passed to a senior manager for review and resolution. In the unlikely event that we are still unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a further 5 working days then the complaint will be passed to our CEO for his personal attention.
- We will act in good faith whilst investigating complaints, and we expect our customers to reciprocate.
20. Online reviews
- Whilst we encourage the posting of fair reviews, positive and negative, customers agree not to post negative, derogatory, or defamatory reviews about our services and products during, or in place of, our complaints procedure. Unjustified or vindictive negative reviews are extremely harmful to our online business and are particularly onerous when an attempt is made to use such reviews as leverage concerning a complaint.
- The posting of such reviews, particularly when our complaints procedure has not been engaged with, or is incomplete, will be viewed as unjustified. The company will consider legal action against persons posting unjustified negative reviews or comments, such action including, but not limited to, financial claims for damage to our reputation resulting from defamation and claims for financial loss to our business because of defamation.