Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I have more than one carat?
- Does the gold have to be hallmarked?
- I do not have accurate scales, what should I do?
- How do I send my scrap gold to you?
- When will I know you have received my gold?
- How promptly will I receive payment?
- How do I contact you?
- What are your business hours?
- What about gemstones in my jewellery?
- Can I change my mind?
- What happens if the market value of my gold changes after I've sent in my items?
- If my gold weight does not agree with yours, what happens?
- Faster Payment System (FPS)
- What if I don't have a printer?
- Are my items of jewellery insured through the postage service?
- Do you buy coloured gold?
- Why do you not send out gold packs?
- How can I trust CashForYourGold.co.uk?
Fine with us, we separate each item and give you a cash valuation for each.
All gold whether it be hallmarked or not we look at. We test to establish the precise gold content and carat value of your items to give you the customer the best possible price
Don’t worry; use whatever is to hand such as kitchen scales to give you a rough estimate of weight. When we receive your consignment we will weigh it to the nearest 0.1 Gram using our calibrated and certified scales.
All items must be packed in a secure box or padded envelope together with your completed description form. We strongly recommend that you use Royal Mail special delivery service to send to send your items to us. For more information on this service can be found at the Royal Mail website.
Your items will be insured to the level that you select when posting, please ensure that parcels are fully insured as we will not be liable for any items mislaid in transit.
Confirmation of your parcel's arrival will be sent to you via email. Orders sent by special delivery should also be trackable via the Royal Mail website.
Simply visit the contact us page and fill in the details including a daytime telephone number and we will respond to all messages generally within 2 hours, alternatively ring 01902 623 253 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
We do not buy gemstones. Any gemstones within items of scrap gold received will not be returned as removal of the stones is time consuming and on most occasions the labour charged incurred by us will far outweigh any small profit margin we may have in the item of gold. We recommend that, if a stone is of sentimental value, you remove the stone before sending the item to us.
Of course! When we have weighed and assayed your items we will contact you with our offer. You are free to accept or reject the offer in full or in part. If you choose to reject our offer we will arrange for your items to be returned to you by Royal Mail Special Delivery but this return will be at your expense. We also reserve the right to make a charge for testing items subject to a rejected offer.
We base our prices on the London Gold Fix price for Gold which is set at 10:30am and 3pm daily. Our valuation of your items will be based on the London Gold Fix price applicable when we receive your items. We will email or telephone you with our offer for your precious metals and that offer will be valid for 24 hours from the time that the email is sent by us, or from the time that we contact you by telephone. If you decide to reject our offer for your precious metals they will be returned to you by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Please remember that we reserve the right to charge for postage and packaging expenses if we return items to you.
We have specialist gold scales and if there are discrepancies on weight we notify you immediately.
If your bank subscribes to the FPS system, then we can make Bank Transfers to you on the same day and you will generally have cleared funds in your bank account within 2hrs at a small charge of £5.
No problem, simply complete and submit the description form and this will allow us to locate the details of your consignment on our systems.
If you then send in your consignment we will accept them so long as you provide a covering letter with the following details:
- A signed declaration confirming that the items are indeed yours to sell.
- Contact information including your name, address and telephone number.
- If known, please include the weight and carat of any items sent.
We will take the completed description form and place it with your consignment. We will then contact you within 24 hours of receiving your items with confirmation of payment.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to provide further assistance.
All parcels sent through "Royal Mail Special Delivery" can be fully insured to a maximum of £2500.00, your parcel can be tracked via the internet with a signature obtained upon delivery, this service is very safe and secure. To date we have dealt with thousands of satisfied customers and no parcel has ever gone astray via Royal Mail Special Delivery. This is the most trusted method we advise all our customers to use.
Yes, white and rose coloured gold is purchased at the same rates as yellow gold.
There are a number of reasons for this;
- Gold Pack companies take time sending out packs to you, which you then have to send back to them. The turnaround time from your initial enquiry to payment is a slow process. By posting your gold to CFYG you will receive your payment into your account within 24 hours.
- CFYG offer a much better price for your gold. With low running costs we are able to offer much more for your gold in comparison.
- A lot of gold pack companies advertise on the television and due to this have high advertising costs, in most cases they will offer 50% or less of the value of the gold to cover their huge t.v advertising costs.
- CFYG are a trustworthy and reputable company. Gold pack companies have been offering poor amounts for gold they receive and a number of them are currently under investigation by Trading Standards. (Please contact Trading Standards for information.)
- Gold packs that are sent out are only insured for up to £500. By sending to CFYG you can add more insurance at the Post Office if necessary, thus covering yourself properly.